Marianne Brandt designed this pair of task lamps for the Gropiuses’ house in Dessau. Brandt’s adjustable lamp designs are renowned and still manufactured today. Created specifically for the double desk, these task lamps are designed for use with a typewriter.
Marianne Brandt studied at the Bauhaus under Laszlo Moholy-Nagy, 1923 to 1928. She served as Master of Metals at the Dessau Bauhaus in 1928, was a key figure in the shift toward the industrialization of the Bauhaus. She subsequently worked for Gropius in his Berlin studio.
Photograph by John Russo.